This is a umbrella jira for Pig on Tez. More detailed subtasks will be added.
More information can be found on the following wiki page:
How to set up your development environment-
- Check out Tez trunk.
- Install protobuf 2.5.0.
- Build Tez with Hadoop 2.2.0.(By default, it builds against Hadoop trunk, which is 3.0.0.)
- Install Tez jars on local maven repository with "mvn install -DskipTests".
- Check out Pig Tez branch.
- Build Pig running "ant jar-withouthadoop".
- Set up a single-node (or multi-node) Hadoop 2.2 cluster.
- Install Tez following the instructions on the Tez homepage.
- Run Pig with "-x tez" option.
How to run Tez tests-
- unit test
By default, exectype is tez, and hadoopversion is 23 in tez branch. But you can run unit tests in mr mode as follows:
- e2e tests