Does not matter
ClusterStatus class has the following methods that need to be deprecated and new methods added:
getMapTasks does not return map tasks, it returns the number of map tasks.
- getBlacklistedTrackers -> getNumBlacklistedTrackers
- getMapTasks -> getNumMapTasks
- getReduceTasks -> getNumReduceTasks
- getTaskTrackers -> getNumTaskTrackers
Cluster class needs the following change:
There is a ClusterStatus class. When getClusterStatus is called, one would expect ClusterStatus to be returned. Instead, one gets ClusterMetrics.
- getClusterStatus -> getClusterMetrics
Job class has the following methods that need to be deprecated and new methods added to match the purposes:
mapProgress suggests that the method is going to map progress and is misleading because, in fact, the method provides progress information about map tasks. It should be deprecated and a method should be added with a name that matches the purpose: getMapTasksProgress or getMapProgress.
- mapProgress -> getMapProgress
- reduceProgress -> getReduceProgress
- cleanupProgress -> getCleanupProgress
- getQueue -> getQueueName
- getAllJobs -> getJobStatuses