I pulled your changes and did some experiments.
1. linq4j and optiq built & installed just fine, and the optiq test suite passed. (Some errors in the spark adapter test, but minor.)
2. I notice that you moved net.hydromatic.linq4j -> org.apache.linq4j and net.hydromatic.avatica -> org.apache.avatica. I'm pretty sure apache aren't letting me have those namespaces. So those packages will need to be org.apache.optiq.linq4j and org.apache.optiq.avatica.
3. I don't want to do a parallel release of optiq-linq4j. In fact I don't ever want to release from the optiq-csv and optiq-linq4j repositories. So we need to copy the linq4j code into a new linq4j module of optiq, and remove the dependency on net.hydromatic.linq4j. Stretch goal, do the same for optiq-csv, which becomes a demo module.
4. Looking at https://github.com/mprudhom/incubator-optiq/commit/1a688e1a3b7fb7a08c12279e8a3bf5b2dd98c18c, it seems that the vast majority of changes are renames ('git mv'). Excellent.
5. There are a few deletes. What happened to
6. I tried 'git rebase -i master', where master had just one commit. Because you used 'git mv', conflicts were fairly limited. Mainly just in the import lists. However, I still can't see us doing large merges, e.g. https://github.com/julianhyde/optiq/compare/master...optiq-62b.
I still think the plan should be to get the release ready in the "stable" branch (mainly dealing with red tape stuff like NOTICE files) and continue development on the "master" branch. The re-org will happen on "master", using the scripts you have developed, when we get the green light from the stakeholders.
Then we should fix javadoc (checking using "mvn site") and fix imports (checking using "mvn validate" and checkstyle) before declaring the task complete.
Do you agree?
Can you please check in your script(s)? I think we can fix the bugs in the script then apply the script (and any manual changes) when we have the green light.