Does Apache Beam support Python 3?
Is there any remaining work?
- We continue to improve user experience of Python 3 users, add support for new Python minor versions, and phase out support of old ones.
Check out the Python SDK roadmap on how to contribute or report a Python 3 issue!
Which SDK version should I use?
- For best experience, use the latest released SDK. For summary of Py3-related changes, read this thread.
Help! I am getting a pickling error in StockUnpickler.find_class() on Python 3.
- Does the error happens in load_session call? See BEAM-6158 .
- Do you use Beam SDK less than 2.17.0? See
My Avro Sink no longer works.
- Beam switched to use FastAvro as a default library on Python 3. The fastavro-based Avro sink expects schema as a dictionary, while the avro-python3-based Avro Sink expects a schema that was previously parsed by avro.schema.Parse(). Fastavro will not accept a schema parsed by avro-python3, so make sure you pass the correct schema. See: BEAM-10769.
My streaming pipelines are stuck on Python 3.
- Do you use Beam SDK less than 2.17.0? If so please upgrade to 2.17.0. See