Uploaded image for project: 'Wicket'
  1. Wicket
  2. WICKET-1810

StringRequestTarget is bloated and needs some care

    Details

    • Type: Improvement
    • Status: Closed
    • Priority: Major
    • Resolution: Fixed
    • Affects Version/s: None
    • Fix Version/s: 1.3.5, 1.4-RC1
    • Component/s: wicket
    • Labels:
      None

      Description

      when looking at StringRequestTarget I found the following things unnecessary

      (1) create a Charset object where a String is sufficient for the encoding
      (2) Write into a stream first, then read back from it and write to the response stream using an internal buffer
      (3) flush the output stream
      (4) having to specify the charset in the 'contentType' and again in the 'charset' parameter.

      I made up an own version of StringRequestTarget and attached a patch for it.

        Attachments

          Activity

            People

            • Assignee:
              ehillenius Eelco Hillenius
              Reporter:
              pete Peter Ertl
            • Votes:
              0 Vote for this issue
              Watchers:
              0 Start watching this issue

              Dates

              • Created:
                Updated:
                Resolved: