If using tika-server-VERSION.jar as a standalone component it works. But if you use it as a dependency so is included with other jars then it causes classpath issues specifically around jackson.
The project I'm working on is using Jackson 2.6.1, we have just added tika but when adding tika-server-VERSION.jar we have discovered it contains Jackson 2.4.0 classes.
I've update the maven build so two jar's are now created.
1) tika-server-VERSION.jar correct clean jar
2) tika-server-VERSION-standalone.jar what was previously created
This in my view is more inline with how maven should be being used to create jars as the previous way restricted the consumers ability to override maven dependencies.
I've also updated the documentation in source control that refs to tika-server to include the new tika-server standalone jar. I realize other documentation might also need to change.