As part of looking to remove old commons-lang in
SOLR-9079, found that velocity depends on it. Upgrading Velocity would allow completely removing commons-lang
Copy some detail from
- solr/contrib/velocity/ivy.xml doesn't even reference commons-lang
- velocity 1.7 was released - 2010-11-29
LUCENE-5249from 2013 was the last time velocity was changed in lucene/ivy-versions.properties
- velocity-tools 2.0 has an optional dependency on commons-lang
- velocity 1.7 has a hard dependency on commons-lang.
Upgrading velocity 1.7 -> 2.0
- Change velocity to velocity-engine-core
- upgrades commons-lang to commons-lang3
So if we want to finish removing commons-lang, we need to upgrade velocity.