This Jira introduces a new Java bridge for Drivers implemented in alternative languages. It provides the following artifacts (note: client driver refers to the application driver implemented in an alternative programming language):
- A generic framework for passing information between the Java driver and the client driver.
- A gRPC based implementation of the bridge that passes information via protocol buffers over gRPC.
- Protocol buffer definitions for all information that flows between the Java driver and the client driver.
- A Java implementation of the driver client that can be used for developing unit tests and serve as a template for implementing a driver client (say in C#).
- Extensions to fail based unit tests that cover the Java bridge and client.