1. The current version of TestXMLCustomerOrder does not use assert methods
requiring programmer to watch the results on the screen. It also fails to
correctly determine whether some dictionaries support XML column.
2. The patched version does roughly the same tests but uses asserts methods
like other JUnit tests.
3. In order to correctly determine XML support, an EnitityManager is created
so that the DBDictionary executes its connectedConfiguration method. Let me
know if there is a better method for doing this.
4. I know the original idea with the current version was to catch the generated
SQL and compare it with one saved in a file. It was not done, only the SQL
is logged to a file and there are three files in the repository with
database specific SQL. I abandoned this approach as I find comparing SQL
strings too vulnerable to subtle changes in other areas of OpenJPA (e.g
column ordering, alias names). On the other hand I found the generated SQL
files very helpful to get familiar with how the XML support is done. So, I
removed the SQL logging but the patch contains a file with some queries
executed against PostgreSQL. Let me know if this removing of SQL logging or
adding new file is not desired.
5. I have found out that filling a List property in entity does not work. I
have annotated the respective test with @AllowFailure. I will file a
separate issue for this.
6. As in the current version, there are three queries that are expected to
7. Since running the test requires an JAXB implementation (not only the JAXB
API), I have added Sun's JAXB implementation to openjpa-jdbc/pom.xml
with runtime scope and also to the main pom.xml to specify the version.
I chose 2.0.5 as I found it the newset from the 2.0 line.
8. Since XML column mapping requires a newer PostgreSQL JDBC driver I have
upgraded the version in openjpa-jdbc/pom.xml and
9. I welcome comments and suggestions.