1.0.0, 1.1.0, 1.2.0
FreeRDP 2.2.0, Apache Guacamole Server 1.3.0, Apache Guacamole Client 1.3.0
I found some audio input issues when using Audacity and Adobe Audition.
The test environment follows as below:
- FreeRDP: stable-2.0
- Apache Guacamole Server: staging/1.3.0
- Apache Guacamole Client: staging/1.3.0
- Remote Server: Windows 10 64 bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572)
- Ubuntu 18.04 64 bit
- Audacity 2.3.3
- Adobe Audition 2020
The test case follows as below:
- Connect to the remote server (Windows 10, 64bit) over the Apache Guacamole Client.
- In the remote server, run Audacity.
- In Audacity, click the record button and start to record the audio.
- In Audacity, after 10 seconds, click the stop button.
- In Audacity, click the play button.
In step 5, we can see the following issues:
- The recording time is 10.5 seconds, but the actual recorded time is about 7.5 seconds. (see 'audacity-recorded-time.png' image.)
- The recorded audio has a lot of noise.
FYI: When using Adobe Audition, the crash issue frequently occurs. (see 'adobe-audition-crash.png' image)
The weird things follow as below:
- When performing the above test case by using xfreerdp (2.2.0, c72055d74), we can't see the above two issues in Audacity.
- When performing the above test case by using mstsc (10.0.18362), we can't see the above two issues in Audacity.
Especially, when using the Apache Guacamole Server & Client, we can't see the above two issues in Microsoft Voice Recorder. (see 'ms-voice-recorder.png' image)
For these audio input issues, I researched the followings:
But I didn't get any solution and workaround.
Please let me know some solution or workaround to fix these issues.
- is duplicated by
GUACAMOLE-1217 Microphone redirection audio is bery bad throught RDP