Uploading the new patch. This time I have modified the jute generator code, to simplyfy the patch. (earlier patch included zookeeper.jute.h/c, this one doesnt)
Steps to apply patch and build:
1) apply patch to zk trunk. patch -p0 < patchfile
2) There might be a conflict for zookeeper.h , manually change that file.
3) run ant compile_jute to generate the zookeeper_jute.h/c
4) Add ZOOKEEPER_HOME environment variable to your windows environment (My Computer->Properties->Advanced->Environment Variables->New) and point it to the directory where you have checked out the trunk. (C:\zookeeper-trunk)
5) Open zookeeper.sln file in src/c (this is visual studio 2008 solution file)
6) Right click on Cli project in the Solution Explorer, select Project Dependencies and make it depend on zookeeper project by checking zookeeper.
7) Click on Build->Batch Build and check all the builds (cli - Debug/Release, zookeeper - Debug/Release) and hit Build
To run the client:
Right click on Cli project
> Properties> Debugging > Command Arguments (enter the hostname:port for the zk server you want to connect to), save and then Debug>start Debugging.