ZooKeeper
  1. ZooKeeper
  2. ZOOKEEPER-574

the documentation on snapcount in the admin guide has the wrong default

    Details

    • Type: Bug Bug
    • Status: Closed
    • Priority: Minor Minor
    • Resolution: Fixed
    • Affects Version/s: None
    • Fix Version/s: 3.3.0
    • Component/s: documentation
    • Labels:
      None
    • Hadoop Flags:
      Reviewed

      Description

      I believe it's 100k, not 10k

      -----------------------
      snapCount
      (Java system property: zookeeper.snapCount)

      Clients can submit requests faster than ZooKeeper can process them, especially if there are a lot of clients. To prevent ZooKeeper from running out of memory due to queued requests, ZooKeeper will throttle clients so that there is no more than globalOutstandingLimit outstanding requests in the system. The default limit is 1,000.ZooKeeper logs transactions to a transaction log. After snapCount transactions are written to a log file a snapshot is started and a new transaction log file is started. The default snapCount is 10,000.

        Activity

        Hide
        Mahadev konar added a comment -

        I just committed this. thanks pat.

        Show
        Mahadev konar added a comment - I just committed this. thanks pat.
        Hide
        Mahadev konar added a comment -

        +1 the patch looks good.

        Show
        Mahadev konar added a comment - +1 the patch looks good.
        Hide
        Patrick Hunt added a comment -

        fixed documentation with correct default for snapcount

        also fixed what looked like a typo in the docs - seems some text from another parameter was incorrectly
        copied for this parameter. I think I fixed this by removing the unneccessary text (it's copied from another
        param in that same document)

        Show
        Patrick Hunt added a comment - fixed documentation with correct default for snapcount also fixed what looked like a typo in the docs - seems some text from another parameter was incorrectly copied for this parameter. I think I fixed this by removing the unneccessary text (it's copied from another param in that same document)

          People

          • Assignee:
            Patrick Hunt
            Reporter:
            Patrick Hunt
          • Votes:
            0 Vote for this issue
            Watchers:
            1 Start watching this issue

            Dates

            • Created:
              Updated:
              Resolved:

              Development