PROBLEM: User is getting "No Logs available for Container Container_<number>" when setting the yarn.nodemanager.log-dirs to any drive letter other than C:
STEPS TO REPRODUCE:
1) Run NodeManager on C:
2) Create two local drive partitions D: and E:
3) Put yarn.nodemanager.log-dirs = D:\nmlogs or E:\nmlogs
4) Run a MR job that will last at least 5 minutes
5) While the job is in flight, log into the Yarn web ui , <resource_manager_server:8088>/cluster
6) Click on the application_id<number>
7) Click on the logs link, you will get "No Logs available for Container Container_<number>"
ACTUAL BEHAVIOR: Getting an error message when viewing the container logs
EXPECTED BEHAVIOR: Able to use different drive letters in yarn.nodemanager.log-dirs and not get error
NOTE: If we use the drive letter C: in yarn.nodemanager.log-dirs, we are able to see the container logs while the MR job is in flight.