I've been playing with wicket-cdi, here are some notes:
- Example deploys/runs WELL to Jetty
- When deploying the example war file to Tomcat 7, deployment fails on the following Line of org.jboss.weld.environment.servlet.Listener (197)
(BeanManager IS resolved (from getServletContext().getAttribute(...)), but "new CdiConfiguration(manager).configure(this);" fails.
- The Example deploys/runs WELL to run in GlassFish 3.1 and JBoss AS7 by doing the following
- web.xml: REMOVE:
- CdiApplication.java: REPLACE:
BeanManager manager = (BeanManager)getServletContext().getAttribute(Listener.BEAN_MANAGER_ATTRIBUTE_NAME);
BeanManager manager = null;
manager = (BeanManager) new InitialContext().lookup("java:comp/BeanManager");
catch (NamingException e)
- Current Issue: No Support for @Inject in an AuthenticatedWebSession when your application extends AuthenticatedWebApplication and overriding getWebSessionClass().
I have not been able to figure this one out... yet. When I use Spring, it would work when I would put the following line in the constructor:
This would allow me to use @SpringBean in my AuthenticatedWebSession object. This does not work with wicket-cdi (I put @Inject in my AuthenticatedWebSession and also have Injector.get().inject(this) in the constructor).