Type: New Feature
Affects Version/s: 2.12
Fix Version/s: None
I cannot deploy any artifact to my sonatype nexus instance when using a pasword with french accetn, like 'é'.
This instance needs authentication to deploy.
My test :
- Check authentication against nexus directly with a password containing accent : OK
- Check deploy with clear password in settings.xml with no accent : OK
- Check deploy with encrypted password in settings.xml with no accent : OK
- Check deploy with clear password in settings.xml with accent : KO
- Check deploy with encrypted password in settings.xml with accent : KO
After many minutes of debugging, I managed to verify that my password is correctly "read" in the settings org.apache.maven.settings.Server : it has nothing to do with settings.xml XML encoding.
When finally wagon enters the game, the http header with authentication basic contains a '? ' instead of my 'é'. I managed to narrow the problem to org.apache.maven.wagon.providers.http.httpclient.impl.auth.BasicScheme which I think is the cuplrit by not dealing correctly with charset encoding in the authenticate method.
I came to the end of what I can do for the moment, appart of changing my password to remove the accent.