Create a set of queries and a framework to test the parallel execution of a XQuery query processing engine. The set of queries shall outline the strengths and weaknesses of using VXQuery implementation. The framework should return measurement details for determining performance.
Utilizing these queries a person may create both speed up and scale out tests scenarios.
The benchmark queries should have the following properties.
- Include at least one query for each scenario being testing.
- The queries are based on a real data set.
- The data set is publicly available.
- The benchmark details will be available as an open source project.
- Scale out and speed up will have a default test case defined.
Initial suggested scenarios.
- Filtering results.
- Computing an aggregate result.
- Sorting the result.
Side Note: While this benchmark and framework is new, VXQuery has a test suite that runs thousands of queries against the system. This test suite could form the basis of the new benchmark and framework.