In sqlci, with HQC on and HQC_LOG specified, a prepared statement was followed with:
>>--interval 47, same selectivity as interval 51
>>--interval 47 [jvFN3&789 - jyBT!]789)
>>--expect = nothing in hqc log; SQC hit
>>prepare XX from select * from f00 where colchar = 'jyBT!]789';
- A fatal error has been detected by the Java Runtime Environment:
- SIGSEGV (0xb) at pc=0x00007ffff5d80595, pid=2708, tid=140737353866272
- JRE version: Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (7.0_75-b13) (build 1.7.0_75-b13)
- Java VM: Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (24.75-b04 mixed mode linux-amd64 compressed oops)
- Problematic frame:
- C [libstdc++.so.6+0x91595] std::ostream::sentry::sentry(std::ostream&)+0x25
- Core dump written. Default location: /opt/home/trafodion/thaiju/HQC/equal_char/core or core.2708
- An error report file with more information is saved as:
- If you would like to submit a bug report, please visit:
- The crash happened outside the Java Virtual Machine in native code.
- See problematic frame for where to report the bug.
No core file found under /opt/home/trafodion/thaiju/HQC/equal_char. But a hs_err_pid2708.log file was generated (included in attached, to_repro.tar). Problem does not reproduce if I explicitly turn off HQC.
1. download and untar attachment, to_repro.tar
1. in a sqlci session, obey setup_char.sql (from tar file)
2. in a new sqlci session, obey equal_char.sql (from tar file)