Affects Version/s: 1.1.7-SNAPSHOT
Fix Version/s: None
Environment:Myfaces 1.2.1 - Tomahawk 2.0 Snapshot (also previous versions) - Facelets 1.1.13
First of all: I have correctly set up my extension filter, nothing wrong there. Problems started when I "upgraded' to MF 1.2 and Tomahwak116, later Tomahawk 2.0 snapshot.
Secondly: I don't know to what extend the problems I'm having are caused by using it n combination with Facelets, but I expect a correct taglib to be a central part of the problem as I get very different results, depending on the taglib used. (-> Cf. mailing list: repeated request to include the taglib in teh META-Inf dir for faclets users!!!!!!!!!!!)
What happens is:
When using this:
popupButtonString="Click here to show Calendar"
... several things happen:
1/ the layout is screwed: there is an anormous space between the "input text field" where the date is pasted and the actual icon one can click to have the calendar pop up.
What makes it worse: this space is a vertical one...
2/ The whole popup thing just doesn't work. It pasts a sortof in-line calendar-rendering below the inputfield, which pushes everything underneath away, and even after picking a date(after which the inline rendering is gone), never corrects this space.
I had diffrent behavior depeding on what was declared in the various taglibs I used (for facelets). I tried one from Google (provided by Bruno) and one other (provided by skalasoft) , which gave me the "best" results but even these were largely inappropriate.
Hope this gets corrected soon in one of the intermediate MY1.2.1/Toma2.0 releases. (by including a correct and complete taglib!!)