Given the discussion here:
Implement the following:
1. Deprecate support for ScriptExecutor
2. Deprecate support of bin/gremlin.sh init.groovy
3. Add support for bin/gremlin.sh -i init.groovy which does the same thing as (2) and does not exit the console on failure. That would allow a user to work with their console session up to the point of failure.
4. Improve support for bin/gremlin.sh -e exec.groovy to no longer use ScriptExecutor and execute scripts directly in the console for automation purposes.
5. Add some other options to control output to the console so that you could do bin/gremlin.sh -q -e exec.groovy which would execute in a quiet mode with no output, for example.
The idea would be to try to implement this without breaking change.