Details

    • Type: Bug Bug
    • Status: Closed
    • Priority: Critical Critical
    • Resolution: Fixed
    • Affects Version/s: 0.8
    • Fix Version/s: 0.9
    • Component/s: parser
    • Labels:
      None

      Description

      The NetCDF dependency introduced in 0.8 is causing some trouble in downstream projects. Instead of containing just NetCDF classes, the jar includes also stuff from various other sources, including slf4j, jdom and various Apache Commons libraries. This can easily mess up the classpath of a downstream project.

        Issue Links

          Activity

          Jukka Zitting created issue -
          Hide
          Chris A. Mattmann added a comment -

          Hey Jukka,

          Yep, we noticed this at the very near-end of the last Tika release. The netcdf-all jar is what I ended up publishing, rather than the minimal netcdf jar. I had an action to try and fix this on Central. I think that the best way is to file an issue with Sonatype for MVNCENTRAL, ask them to remove the existing netcdf 0.8 jar, and then republish the minimal version. This ought to fix it I think!

          Cheers,
          Chris

          Show
          Chris A. Mattmann added a comment - Hey Jukka, Yep, we noticed this at the very near-end of the last Tika release. The netcdf-all jar is what I ended up publishing, rather than the minimal netcdf jar. I had an action to try and fix this on Central. I think that the best way is to file an issue with Sonatype for MVNCENTRAL, ask them to remove the existing netcdf 0.8 jar, and then republish the minimal version. This ought to fix it I think! Cheers, Chris
          Hide
          Nick Burch added a comment -

          As a datapoint, for Alfresco we're using the 4mb version (netcdf-4.2.jar) rather than the 11mb one (netcdfAll-4.2.jar), and everything is fine with that.

          Show
          Nick Burch added a comment - As a datapoint, for Alfresco we're using the 4mb version (netcdf-4.2.jar) rather than the 11mb one (netcdfAll-4.2.jar), and everything is fine with that.
          Hide
          Jukka Zitting added a comment -

          Maven Central hardly ever makes changes to already published jars (doing so can cause weird problems downstream as there's no easy way to tell which version of a jar you have). It's better if you simply upload a fixed netcdf jar with a new version number. Then we can simply upgrade the dependency in Tika.

          Show
          Jukka Zitting added a comment - Maven Central hardly ever makes changes to already published jars (doing so can cause weird problems downstream as there's no easy way to tell which version of a jar you have). It's better if you simply upload a fixed netcdf jar with a new version number. Then we can simply upgrade the dependency in Tika.
          Hide
          Chris A. Mattmann added a comment -

          Hey Jukka, and Nick,

          Thanks. Hmm, OK one thing I could do then is to publish a netcdf-4.2-min.jar) and version it as 4.2-min. WDYT?

          Cheers,
          Chris

          Show
          Chris A. Mattmann added a comment - Hey Jukka, and Nick, Thanks. Hmm, OK one thing I could do then is to publish a netcdf-4.2-min.jar) and version it as 4.2-min. WDYT? Cheers, Chris
          Hide
          Jukka Zitting added a comment -

          Sounds good to me.

          Show
          Jukka Zitting added a comment - Sounds good to me.
          Hide
          Chris A. Mattmann added a comment -

          Hey Guys, okay in r1038492 I committed a partial fix for this. As soon as the 4.2-min jar is in Central (should be a few hours), I'll remove the tika-parent/pom.xml mod and we can wrap this up.

          Show
          Chris A. Mattmann added a comment - Hey Guys, okay in r1038492 I committed a partial fix for this. As soon as the 4.2-min jar is in Central (should be a few hours), I'll remove the tika-parent/pom.xml mod and we can wrap this up.
          Chris A. Mattmann made changes -
          Field Original Value New Value
          Assignee Chris A. Mattmann [ chrismattmann ]
          Chris A. Mattmann made changes -
          Status Open [ 1 ] In Progress [ 3 ]
          Hide
          Chris A. Mattmann added a comment -
          • fixed in r1038492 and r1038501.
          Show
          Chris A. Mattmann added a comment - fixed in r1038492 and r1038501.
          Chris A. Mattmann made changes -
          Status In Progress [ 3 ] Resolved [ 5 ]
          Resolution Fixed [ 1 ]
          Nick Burch made changes -
          Link This issue is duplicated by TIKA-558 [ TIKA-558 ]
          Nick Burch made changes -
          Link This issue is related to TIKA-571 [ TIKA-571 ]
          Jukka Zitting made changes -
          Status Resolved [ 5 ] Closed [ 6 ]
          Transition Time In Source Status Execution Times Last Executer Last Execution Date
          Open Open In Progress In Progress
          14h 31m 1 Chris A. Mattmann 24/Nov/10 06:14
          In Progress In Progress Resolved Resolved
          33m 1s 1 Chris A. Mattmann 24/Nov/10 06:47
          Resolved Resolved Closed Closed
          617d 2h 45m 1 Jukka Zitting 02/Aug/12 09:33

            People

            • Assignee:
              Chris A. Mattmann
              Reporter:
              Jukka Zitting
            • Votes:
              0 Vote for this issue
              Watchers:
              0 Start watching this issue

              Dates

              • Created:
                Updated:
                Resolved:

                Development