Uploaded image for project: 'Tika'
  1. Tika
  2. TIKA-1877

On updating the tika-mimetypes.xml to detect .fts file format, tika detector does not return anything

    XMLWordPrintableJSON

    Details

    • Type: Bug
    • Status: Resolved
    • Priority: Minor
    • Resolution: Fixed
    • Affects Version/s: None
    • Fix Version/s: 1.13
    • Component/s: mime
    • Labels:
      None

      Description

      The match value for .fts file format in tika-mimetypes.xml is "SIMPLE = T".
      Tika detected a .fts file as application/octet-stream. On verifying the header I found the value to be "SIMPLE = T"(just 16 spaces before = and T)

      I tried the following changes-
      Change 1) Updated the existing match value. But the build failed

      Change 2) Added a new match value <match value="SIMPLE = T" type="string" offset="0"/> after the existing one.
      But now, tika returns empty value. It neither identifies the file as .fts nor as application/octet-stream.

        Attachments

        1. 3DEE2CE70CAD248DC8A46C2D0BD0BD6C21AACE54AC958264773390B39C8AF079
          64 kB
          Namitha Sanjeeva Ganiga
        2. 4E8D6B46E2366D7063DE3926AF0F976A0DCCD57A7E3B53B7D54768F16DD23984
          64 kB
          Prasad Nagaraj Subramanya
        3. tika-mimetypes.xml
          226 kB
          Prasad Nagaraj Subramanya

          Issue Links

            Activity

              People

              • Assignee:
                Unassigned
                Reporter:
                prasadns14 Prasad Nagaraj Subramanya
              • Votes:
                0 Vote for this issue
                Watchers:
                5 Start watching this issue

                Dates

                • Created:
                  Updated:
                  Resolved: