As per the discussion on the mailing about Tapestry 5 and jQuery, i create this JIRA to compile the toughts of everyone for this feature.
As Howard said on the mailing list, goals are :
Goal #1: Backwards compatibility
Goal #2: Documented
Goal #3: Plugability / Extensibility / Overridablilty
First design thoughts suggested by howard are (extracted from Howard's answer) :
1. tapestry.js defines a Tapestry namespace with key function properties for the standard stuff
2. split current tapestry.js into more smaller files
3. In addition to tapestry.js, ... include either tapestry-prototype-adapter.js (plus prototype.js and scriptaculous.js) OR tapestry-jquery-adapter.js (plus jquery.js).
4. tapestry.js [should] be smaller handlers that often just fire additional events; a cascade of events that eventually results in server-side requests
1. make certain parts more pluggable i.e. Popup Bubbles
3. ... element could have at most one active animation; the animation would have to complete before the next one (cf. jQuery animation and queuing mechanism)
1. Remove prototype code from tapestry.js
2. Keep backward compatibility with existing Tapestry object