Just to share a thought: I build a MultipleZoneUpdater Mixin which has been doing the job nicely for a while now. I just do everything the normal way, but Mix-in my Mixin on a component that contains the trigger that needs to update extra zone's and the zone's that need to be updated.
From the parameters below you can understand the way I use it. If intrested I can add the whole code and js file later. What I really like about it is that it Allows an easy way to wire up any block to any zone on any js event. In the case you wire it up to a Zone,the other zones will update once that one is done, which is needed beacause often you want a CRUD action to be completed before another zone is updated.
Anyway, just my 2 cents.
- A Map of Zone id's mapped to the Block id's to update the zone
@Parameter(required = true)
private Map<String, String> zoneBlocks;
- A comma seperated list of css identifiers of all elements that should trigger the
- multiple zone update. All identifiers will update all passed zoneBlocks
- in case of an a: onmouseup
- in case of a zone: once loaded
- in case of a form: onsubmit
@Parameter(required = true, defaultPrefix = "literal")
private String zoneTriggerCssIdentifiers;