With user requests, users can initiate whichever request among the ones defined, for example "assign me a mobile phone" or "give me those groups on AD", for them or on behalf of others; once initiated, such requests can then follow their own path, which might include one or more approval steps.
There is also no limitation on the number of concurrent requests that an user can initiate.
Unfortunately, our current implementation is not able to properly implement the user requests as briefly outlined above; among other things, the impossibility to handle more than an approval process at a time, per user.
Hence, and a major refactoring is needed:
- remove approvals features from the current Flowable user workflow adapter
- define a new UserRequest entity, which includes at least
- some triggering conditions
- a Flowable workflow definition, possibly containing approval form(s)
- adjust REST services, Admin Console and Enduser UI to cope with the new User Request entity