plasmabal ran some performance experiments:
- version : 0.25
- OS : client: freebsd 4.8, server: freebsd 4.7
- Recipe: (over a LAN)
- import mozilla-1.0 source code into svn repos (size??)
- svn co http:// : takes 114 mins
- svn co svn+ssh:// : takes 50 mins
- cvs co : takes 3 mins
1. Holy Mostaccioli, Batman!!!
2. curious to see how file:/// and svn:// compare in this list.
HTTP isn't our main culprit anymore. Even svn:// is slow, which is a
stateful custom protocol. Fingers of blame might be pointed at
libsvn_wc, or even at libsvn_fs.