There are a number of alerts found by lgtm.com at https://lgtm.com/projects/g/apache/storm/alerts/ that indicate genuine bugs in comparison operations in the Storm code.
These rules include:
- Equals on incomparable types (leading to bugs in comparison or caching)
- Hashed value without hashCode definition
- Inconsistent equals and hashCode (together with the previous one, this indicates some missing hashCode implementations)
- Comparison of identical values (indicating incorrect comparator logic in DefaultResourceAwareStrategy)
- Useless comparison test (indicating a variable name typo)
- Suspicious reference equality test of boxed types (indicating a spurious use of == instead of equals on boxed types)