As part of the work for
STORM-2441. We would like to split the storm classpath down so the client jar only has what it needs. Everything else is in a separate classpath(s) for daemon processes. One of the issues with this is that local mode is built into almost all examples because it uses a separate API from the normal storm client API.
To work around this we really should add in a new option to storm jar that will include everything on the classpath, set a SystemProperty and call into a special Main Method. The new main method will
1) start up the LocalCluster
2) configure SotrmSubmitter, NimbusClinet and DRPCClient to talk to the LocalCluster instead.
3) run the regular main method
4) optionally sleep for a configurable amount of time
5) shut down the local cluster.