Solr
  1. Solr
  2. SOLR-803

CoreAdminRequest.createCore fails because name parameter isn't set

    Details

    • Type: Bug Bug
    • Status: Resolved
    • Priority: Major Major
    • Resolution: Fixed
    • Affects Version/s: 1.3
    • Fix Version/s: None
    • Component/s: clients - java
    • Labels:
      None

      Description

      I have not validated that this is a real bug, but since it doesn't seem to have gotten any comments on hte mailinglist i figured i'd post it so there was a record of it...

      http://www.nabble.com/Create-new-core-by-solrj-API-fails-to19740822.html#a19740822

      Message-ID: <19740822.post@talk.nabble.com>
      Date: Tue, 30 Sep 2008 05:11:55 -0700 (PDT)
      From: Parisa
      To: solr-dev
      Subject: Create new core by solrj API fails
      
      Creating new Core By solrj API (CoreAdminRequest.createCore) fails because it
      doesn't set name parameter
      in getParameters method of CoreAdminRequest class
      
      
      solr version :1.3
      
      1. SOLR-803.patch
        2 kB
        Sean Colombo
      2. SOLR-803.patch
        2 kB
        Sean Colombo

        Activity

        Hide
        Sean Colombo added a comment -

        I found this same problem and created a fix for it. I'm working on turning it into a patch.

        More details on the dev mailing list:
        http://www.nabble.com/Create-new-core-by-solrj-API-fails-to19740822.html#a20125410

        Show
        Sean Colombo added a comment - I found this same problem and created a fix for it. I'm working on turning it into a patch. More details on the dev mailing list: http://www.nabble.com/Create-new-core-by-solrj-API-fails-to19740822.html#a20125410
        Hide
        Sean Colombo added a comment -

        This fixes the issue of not being able to create cores remotely. Rebuilt the .jars and tested it in another application. Ran all unit-tests and everything still works.

        Show
        Sean Colombo added a comment - This fixes the issue of not being able to create cores remotely. Rebuilt the .jars and tested it in another application. Ran all unit-tests and everything still works.
        Hide
        Otis Gospodnetic added a comment -

        Might want to fix spacing here:

        • return req.process( server );
          + req.setConfigName(configFile);
          + req.setSchemaName(schemaFile);
          + return req.process( server );
        Show
        Otis Gospodnetic added a comment - Might want to fix spacing here: return req.process( server ); + req.setConfigName(configFile); + req.setSchemaName(schemaFile); + return req.process( server );
        Hide
        Sean Colombo added a comment -

        I'm re-making the patch with the spacing fix. Also gonna wrap some if(configFile != null) and if(schemaFile != null) around those two calls to the mutators.

        Show
        Sean Colombo added a comment - I'm re-making the patch with the spacing fix. Also gonna wrap some if(configFile != null) and if(schemaFile != null) around those two calls to the mutators.
        Hide
        Sean Colombo added a comment -

        Fixed a spacing issue (replaced tabs w/spaces) and checked for nulls in a couple of spots.

        Show
        Sean Colombo added a comment - Fixed a spacing issue (replaced tabs w/spaces) and checked for nulls in a couple of spots.
        Hide
        Ryan McKinley added a comment -

        commited in rev #708266
        Thanks Sean!

        Show
        Ryan McKinley added a comment - commited in rev #708266 Thanks Sean!

          People

          • Assignee:
            Ryan McKinley
            Reporter:
            Hoss Man
          • Votes:
            0 Vote for this issue
            Watchers:
            1 Start watching this issue

            Dates

            • Created:
              Updated:
              Resolved:

              Development