Uploaded image for project: 'Solr'
  1. Solr
  2. SOLR-4729

Using a copyField with * as the source doesn't work with LukeRequestHandler - breaks admin UI

Attach filesAttach ScreenshotVotersWatch issueWatchersCreate sub-taskLinkCloneUpdate Comment AuthorReplace String in CommentUpdate Comment VisibilityDelete Comments
    XMLWordPrintableJSON

Details

    • Bug
    • Status: Closed
    • Major
    • Resolution: Fixed
    • 4.2
    • 4.3, 6.0
    • Schema and Analysis
    • None

    Description

      It seems you can no longer use a wildcard as the source when defining a copyField. I don't believe that this was fixed as part of SOLR-4650 since I've tested it with the 4/17 nightly build and it doesn't work.

      I'm using the following line: <copyField source="*" dest="text"/>

      If I index something, this line is ignored. If I go to the Analysis tab, the fields aren't populated and I see the error: 'org.apache.solr.common.SolrException: undefined field: "*"' in the log.

      This worked correctly in 4.0, but I didn't test it in 4.1.

      Attachments

        Issue Links

        Activity

          This comment will be Viewable by All Users Viewable by All Users
          Cancel

          People

            sarowe Steven Rowe
            adampierce Adam Hahn
            Votes:
            0 Vote for this issue
            Watchers:
            1 Start watching this issue

            Dates

              Created:
              Updated:
              Resolved:

              Slack

                Issue deployment