Uploaded image for project: 'Solr'
  1. Solr
  2. SOLR-14970

elevation does not work without elevate.xml config

    XMLWordPrintableJSON

    Details

    • Type: Bug
    • Status: Open
    • Priority: Minor
    • Resolution: Unresolved
    • Affects Version/s: 8.6.3
    • Fix Version/s: None
    • Component/s: None
    • Labels:

      Description

      When i remove elevate.xml line from solrconfig.xml plus the file, elevation is not working and no error is logged.
      We put the ids directly in the query and we are not using the default fields or ids, so the xml is completely useless, but required to let the elevation component work, example query:

      http://staging.qeep.net:8983/solr/profile_v2/elevate?q=%2Bapp_sns%3A%20qeep&sort=random_4239%20desc,%20id%20desc&elevateIds=361018,361343&forceElevation=true
        <searchComponent name="elevator" class="solr.QueryElevationComponent" >
          <!-- pick a fieldType to analyze queries -->
          <str name="queryFieldType">string</str>
      	<str name="config-file">elevate.xml</str>
          <str name="editorialMarkerFieldName">elevated</str>
        </searchComponent>
        
        <requestHandler name="/elevate" class="solr.SearchHandler" startup="lazy">
          <lst name="defaults">
            <str name="echoParams">explicit</str>
          </lst>
          <arr name="last-components">
            <str>elevator</str>
          </arr>
        </requestHandler>
      

        Attachments

          Issue Links

            Activity

              People

              • Assignee:
                Unassigned
                Reporter:
                bwahlen Bernd Wahlen
              • Votes:
                0 Vote for this issue
                Watchers:
                3 Start watching this issue

                Dates

                • Created:
                  Updated: