Currently the filter.scope supports either
- component (comparable to <dispatcher>INCLUDE,FORWARD,ERROR</dispatcher> of the servlet API)
- request (comparable to <dispatcher>REQUEST</dispatcher> of the servlet API)
In certain cases one wants to have finer control over the filter scopes, e.g. have a filter that would do <dispatcher>REQUEST,FORWARD</dispatcher>, so that the filter is applied first for the request and then again when you do a requestDispatcher.forward().
Therefore i suggest that the filter.scope should be enhanced as follows:
- Make filter.scope a multi-value property
- Add filter scopes: include, forward and error
- The existing filter scope "component"(quasi an alias for "include,forward,error") should for backward-compatibility not change.
- Add filter chains for the new filter scopes (don't know if this is needed internally?)