The Coordinate Reference System inferred by the parsing of a netCDF file is sometime of type EngineeringCRS when it should be GeographicCRS. This is caused by AxisType using the following criteria in that order:
- Value of _CoordinateAxisType attribute, which may be "GeoX" or "GeoY" among others.
- Value of axis attribute, which may be "X" or "Y" among others.
- Value of standard_name attribute, which may be "longitude" or "latitude" among others.
- Value of description, title or long_name attribute.
- Unit of measurement, which may be "degrees_east" or "degrees_north" among others.
The problem occurs when we find an axis attribute with value "X" or "Y", which is used in CF convention not only for latitude/longitude, but also for other kind of horizontal axes. Apache SIS conservatively assumes an engineering CRS as the closest match for CRS of unknown type.
According CF conventions, the "degrees_east" and "degrees_north" units of measurement should be tested first. We should modify AxisType for using that order.