Affects Version/s: 0.7
Fix Version/s: None
The "Ellipsoid to (geo)centric" transform currently target only Cartesian coordinate system. It should be easy to make it target spherical coordinate system too, since it is basically a matter of not performing the last calls to sin(λ) and sin(λ), and compute an arc-tangent for φ. More specifically we need to:
- Add a SPHERICAL enum value to EllipsoidToCentric.TargetType.
- Add a boolean field in EllipsoidToCentric for storing the target CS type in an efficient way.
- Take the above-cited field in account in the following formulas:
- transform (forward conversion).
- inverseTransform (inverse conversion).
- transform : Matrix (derivative computation).
We could also opportunistically implement the cylindrical case, but its interest is not obvious.