Implement the org.opengis.feature interfaces derived from ISO 19109. Those interfaces are available there:
Those interfaces are derived from ISO 19109 - Rules for application schema. Abstract from ISO:
Defines rules for creating and documenting application schemas, including principles for the definition of features. Its scope includes the following:
- conceptual modelling of features and their properties from a universe of discourse;
- definition of application schemas;
- use of the conceptual schema language for application schemas;
- transition from the concepts in the conceptual model to the data types in the application schema;
- integration of standardized schemas from other ISO geographic information standards with the application schema.
The Feature interfaces will be of critical importance to DataStore uses. Note that in its simplest form Feature has many conceptual common points with Record (
SIS-127), even if the API is quite different.