Affects Version/s: serf-trunk
Fix Version/s: None
Some OpenSSL APIs used by serf were removed from header files in OpenSSL 1.1. Serf still builds (at least on my system), but throws a few warnings about calls to:
- X509_get_notBefore(): replaced by X509_get0_notBefore()
- X509_get_notAfter(): replaced by X509_get0_notAfter()
- X509_STORE_CTX_get_chain(): replaced by X509_STORE_CTX_get0_chain()
- SSLeay(): replaced by OpenSSL_version_num()
- SSL_library_init(): replaced by OPENSSL_init_ssl(), but calling it is not required since initialisation is automatic now
- ERR_load_crypto_strings(): replaced by a flag passed to OPENSSL_init_crypto(), if called
- SSL_load_error_strings(): replaced by a flag passed to OPENSSL_init_ssl(), if called
- Openssl_add_all_algorithms(): not replaced
The attached patch modifies buckets/ssl_buckets.c to use the new OpenSSL 1.1 APIs, while still detecting and maintaining compatibility with the previous API.
This patch has been tested on my OpenSSL 1.1 system, by doing a SVN check-out of a test repository over HTTPS.