The existing system testsuite is in a poor state.
- It is poorly structured
- Mixes different types of test. i.e. messaging behaviour with those that test features of the Java Broker (e.g. REST).
- Many of the tests refer directly to the implementation classes of the Qpid Client 0-8..0-10 client meaning the tests cannot be run using the new client.
As a first step, we want to factor out a separate messaging system test suite:
- The tests in this suite will be JMS client neutral.
- Written in terms of JNDI/JMS client
- Configurations/Broker observations will be performed via a clean Broker-neutral facade. For instance
- a mechanism to cause the queue to be created of a particular type.
- a mechanism to observe a queue depth.
- The tests will be classified by feature (to be defined)
- The classification system will be used to drive an exclusion feature (to be defined).