This JIRA is created to track the release activities for qpid-java-6.0.
Here is the list of tasks I came so far to perform the release:
- Ran RAT report and verify that all required files contain license header. Raise JIRA and resolve all unlicensed files.
- Check JIRA for any remaining uncompleted JIRAs for qpid-java-6.0 and notify owners about closing the JIRAs before the release.
- Send an email into dev list about release and tentative dates for alpha/beta/rc/release
- Produce alpha and send an email about alpha availability for testing
- Produce beta and send an email about beta availability for testing
- Produce and sign RC and send an email about RC availability for testing
- Repeat above if blockers and critical issues requiring fixing are found
- Initiate release voting by sending email into the dev list
- Complete voting and when release is approved produce and sign final build
- Publish release and update web site
- Send a notification email about release availability
The steps above are tentative. They could be changed or extended if required whilst performing the release activity.
It seems I need to set up pgp to sign the release. I need to do some research how to do that.
Producing release artifacts with maven would require performing the following steps:
- mvn release:prepare (updates versions, creates the branch, updates
- mvn release:perform (performs release, publishing to Nexus staging area)
- close Nexus staging repo
- upload source release artifacts to svn dist dev repo (after downloading them from Nexus)
- release Nexus staging repo (after voting)
- add artifacts to svn dist release repo (after voting)