HA uses a single link and a session per queue to replicate queue data. That means the number of replicated queues is limited by the number of channels, which is 32k in current Qpid.
- create a 2 node cluster.
- declare 32769 queues
- no error observed by the client declaring the queues or in the primary log.
- backup broker exits with a critical error saying "not enough channels"
In the short term it is not straightforward to remove the limit, however the error reporting needs to be fixed:
- client declaring the queues receives a "resource-limit-exceeded" exception with appropriate message.
- primary logs an error indicating we exceeded the replicated queue limit
- primary and backup broker continue to function normally.