In attempting to cross-compile the Qpid trunk in the MinGW environment, a number of build errors were seen. Attached to this issue is a patch that fixes the errors and builds cleanly on Linux/gcc and MS Visual Studio as well.
The classes of error discovered are:
1) Case-sensitivity of file names (i.e. Secure32.lib => secure32.lib)
2) Syntax issues where MSVC is too lenient (semicolon after the closing brace of a template function)
3) *_EXTERN on DLL APIs. MinGW doesn't like externs on in-line functions, requires externs on class names.
4) const_case<char*>() needed on LPTSTR arguments in the Windows API
5) Unused function arguments need to be commented out
6) the *_s variants of ::localtime, ::strncpy, ::strerror can't be used
Before I commit, I would appreciate some review and feedback on this patch.