Recording results of name searches performed on Aug. 10, 2016:
Performed non-personalized Google web search (https://www.google.com/search?q=fluo&pws=0
) for the term "fluo":
1. Top result was fluo.io (legacy site for podling, prior to moving to Apache), which now redirects to fluo.apache.org
2. Next result was a definition at Wiktionary. Fluo is a word in Esperanto, Ido, and Latin, all pertaining to the concept of "flow", like a fluid.
3. Next results were links to images and sites related to chemical fluorescence
4. The apache/incubator-fluo repository on GitHub ranks amidst the sites related to chemical fluorescence on the first page
5. Fluoshoes.com is an online shoe store (next to last result on first page in Google search)
6. Fluo.com (last result on first page of Google search) appears to be a French credit card insurance company "Fluo Assurances"
7. No software or computer-related products or companies called "Fluo" in the first 4 pages of relevant Google search results (I stopped after that).
Check for fluo.net and fluo.org (fluo.com identified already in Google search above):
1. Fluo.net is not in use (placeholder page)
2. Fluo.org is the website of a flower retailer in Hamburg, Germany
Check bbb.org for Better Business Bureau listing of known businesses in the US and Canada matching "fluo":
1. 3 pages of business names matching "Fluorescent", "Fluor", "Fluoro", "Fluorotherm", "Fluorocarbon", "Fluorogistx", "Fluoresco", "Fluoroscopy", "Floresco"
2. No matches for "Fluo"
3. Most of the businesses are lighting, design, and/or manufacturing companies related to fluorescent lighting. No obvious computer-related or "tech" companies.
Check GitHub.com for projects named "Fluo":
1. First page in GitHub search yields apache/incubator-fluo when sorted by "Best match", "Most Stars" (34), and "Most Forks" (13).
2. GitHub search is difficult, because "fluo" is used as a component of larger words, and results in many unrelated matches, usually related to fluorine, fluorescence, fluorite, or fluorocarbons.
Search Yahoo.com for "fluo":
1. Top result was fluor.com (a construction company)
2. Most of the remaining first-page results were related to the drug "fluoxetine"
3. Merriam-Webster dictionary result (no definition available when clicking on the link) also appeared, as did Wiktionary result
Search Bing.com for "fluo":
1. First page search results were nearly identical to the Yahoo.com search.
2. One new domain not previously investigated on first page: fluo.me appears to be Smartphone/Tablet/Air-Conditioner manufacturer based in Greece and Turkey