Pretty much every time I implement a FileBrowser as para of a semi-serious application I need to figure out /specify the charset to use for load or save. There is already a rather ugly hook for placing extra controls in a FileBrowserSheet that is used for this purpose in one demo program. But having a style or attribute as a standard part of the control would be a lot nicer.
Open questions include:
- Where to place it for best layout?
- How to specify the selection of charsets? Most-common or all or some subset or custom?
- Style vs attribute in the control?
- API to get / set the value and set default.
- Obviously doesn’t need to show for directory selection.
- Should it be in FileBrowser itself or Sheet?
- What about VFSBrowser?