Uploaded image for project: 'PDFBox'
  1. PDFBox
  2. PDFBOX-4641

Keywords created using PDFBox are not visible in Acrobat

    XMLWordPrintableJSON

Details

    • Improvement
    • Status: Closed
    • Minor
    • Resolution: Fixed
    • 1.8.16, 2.0.16
    • 1.8.17, 2.0.17, 3.0.0 PDFBox
    • Documentation
    • None
    • Windows 7, Eclipse 4.2.2, Acrobat Pro 11.0.10

    Description

      Setting new keywords using PDFBox 2.0.16 inserts the data into the file (confirmed via the PDF Debugger and running a script in Acrobat), but the keywords are not displayed in the Acrobat GUI. This might be a bug of Acrobat itself, but it will be good to know why this is happening, and whether it can be solved.

       

      Attached are a blank sample file created in Acrobat, with no metadata, a java file with the code I used, and the result of running it on that file. When I open the edited file in Acrobat (11.0.10) the Properties window is still empty. However, running the following code from the JS Console does print out the correct output:

      this.info.Keywords

      Output:

      NEW KEYWORDS

       

      I'm also attaching the same file after I've added keywords to in Acrobat, so the internal structure could be compared with what PDFBox does. I didn't see much of a difference, but maybe I missed something.

       

      Attachments

        1. Keywords test_added in Acrobat.pdf
          5 kB
          Gilad Denneboom
        2. Keywords test_edited.pdf
          4 kB
          Gilad Denneboom
        3. ApplyKeywords.java
          0.6 kB
          Gilad Denneboom
        4. Keywords test.pdf
          4 kB
          Gilad Denneboom

        Activity

          People

            tilman Tilman Hausherr
            giladd Gilad Denneboom
            Votes:
            0 Vote for this issue
            Watchers:
            4 Start watching this issue

            Dates

              Created:
              Updated:
              Resolved: