We can use Groovy script to write a portlet now, but we need more.
We should be able to write a groovy preferences validator. Also we should be able to write a groovy script portlet which supports pre-286 header phase.
In summary, the followings are expected:
- One can add a portlet preferences validator class into the portlet.xml. The class is a wrapper class for groovy script.
- The wrapper class reads (read-only) preferences to find the script file and auto-refresh mode.
- When auto-refresh mode is true, the modification of the validator script should be applied instantly.
- Also, one can write a groovy portlet to support pre-286 header phase. Currently Jetspeed-2 API provides this interface. So the script developer implements SupportsHeaderPhase interface of Jetspeed-2 to provide header phase.
- In such case, the developer can set the portlet-class to another wrapper class.