The OPSUI is an excellent tool for getting a quick overview of an OODT FM, WM, RM, and PCS installation. In fact, this tool is being used in many JPL projects to view realtime processing jobs.
There are a couple of things that can be improved however:
1. The current theme, although VERY cool looking, can be very hard to see/read on low-contrast screens or low-light environments. In an ops environment, I think if the default theme/style was black text on white background, it would keep things simple and readable. Users can then customize the theme as they seek fit, but the default should always be the most readable. Of course, I want to ensure the OPSUI doesn't look too dull. Thus, I propose we follow the theming style of the OODT website itself, which uses a white/navy_blue/black theme that is quite readable yet presentable.
2. The current OPSUI logos  and  are pretty slick. However, again, they can be hard to read in low-light environments or if the screen being displayed upon does not have good contrast. What's more, the current logos look very different than standardized OODT logos we have displayed on our website/wiki etc. I propose we develop a more standardized OPSUI logo that reuses our OODT logo found on our website, and has a high contrast factor.
3. The workflow monitor page's workflow event table is currently disproportional to the rest of the webpage, and again, has a low-contrast factor. There's a couple of style updates that would be really useful: smaller font, header row differentiation in terms of color, and better spacing.
4. Currently there is no padding between the edge of the browser window and the opsui components. We should add some padding to make it look better and more readable.
5. I propose we model the OPSUI look/feel against the OODT website. Thus, we should fix the current OPSUI's font size, font color, link color, text size etc. to look like the website.
The above points will help increase the readability/usability of the OPSUI webapp. We can then build on more features to make it even more awesome.
|Modularize new theme into a stand-alone Wicket "skin"||Resolved|
|Modularize old OPSUI theme into a separate Wicket "skin"||Resolved|
|Remove old "OCO" classic skin||Resolved|