In OOTB we are having the ability to record order specific communication in CommunicationEventOrder and the user can retrieve/review them from party > communications screen but we don't have such support for return communications. So It would be great to have an ability to record return specific communication in the system.
We have to implement following items to establish this feature :
Data Model Details:
- We will have to create new entity CommunicationEventReturn to record return communication. It should have returnId and communicationEventId along with other necessary fields.
- We have to implement following view CommunicationEventAndReturn to fetch return communications over screens as needed.
New Implementation Details:
- We have to add CRUD services for the new entity.
Existing Implementation Details:
- We have to extend createCommunicationEvent service definition with retunId field and extend the existing implementation to create the record in CommunicationEventReturn based on supplied returnId parameter.
- Also, we have to extend return related email services to provide returnId in service context.
User Interface Details:
- In the current system we have Party > Communications > Find Communication By Order screen, in the same way, we can add another screen to find communication by return.
- We can add return communication screenlet over Order Manager > Return > Return History screen or we can add communication tab under Order > Return screen, this is just a thought still thinking on it.
- We can also provide communication tab in order component as well.