I have removed the pos component at r1754402. Then I tried the webPos and found that it missed at least the terminal data.
As I suspected it was due to POS data and data model which were indirectly used by the webPos. For now I decided to add them all in webpos. We will see later which parts we can safely remove, done at revision: 1754432
I did not test the webPos further, some other things might miss. This is where I believe it would be precious to have a complete Selenium test. I understand though that maintaining them while changing the UI is a tedious task, except if we consider these tests as important as the code.
And sincerely, it's maybe because I knew it by heart, but I found the POS UI easier to use than the webPos one.