I have looked around for a description of how the framework-only release should look like but was not lucky (any link would be appreciated).
I think that it would be great if the framework-only installation could have the following features available. This is, of course, a partial list, mainly seen from the user point of view.
1. Once installed the user should be able to login to the WebApp application using the admin/ofbiz login
2. The admin should be able to add new users and to set their permissions
3. The send forgot password by email should be available.
4. The admin should be able to install new visual themes and activate them
5. Having an "home" application mounted to "/" with a portalPage would be really nice so that portlet made available by additionally installed application could be mixed toghether in the home
From this initial setup there could be a scenario in which the user could simply download additional applications (think to simple applications even not ERP related) and add to the hot-deploy and start working.
What do you think about?