Currently no service exists that creates CustomTimePeriod records on a scheduled basis. One could think of:
- a yearly schedule that creates the next fiscal year period
- a quarterly schedule that creates the next fiscal quartered period
- a monthly schedule that creates the next fiscal month period
Considerations regarding requirements:
- Following requirements are to be considered static:
- the highest granularity regarding a custom time period is a year (parameter value = YEAR)
- Following requirements are to be configured/set via SystemProperty records:
- the applicability based on data PeriodType records: currently we can derive/identify two categories: FISCAL and SALES;
- the highest period granularity is static and set to "YEAR"
- the lowest period granularity is configurable and set to "MONTH";
- whether intermediate granularities (between lowest and highest) should be created for a given type (see 2.1) (intermediate indicator: "true"/"false" or "Y"/"N").
- A CustomTimePeriod is only to be created:
- when a PartyAcctgPreference record exists, and
- when the 'enableAccounting' field of that record has the value set to "Y"
- Each lower granularity CustomTimePeriod record must reference higher granularity CustomTimePeriod record (Parent/Child principle), when requirement consideration 2.4 is set to true or Y.
Based on requirement considerations stated above, following examples can be thought of:
- with lowest granularity set to "MONTH" and intermediate indicator = "N" and type ="FISCAL: