For compacting the segmentstore using oak-run, the safest option is to use the same version of oak-run as the Oak version used to generate the repository. Yet, sometimes, a newer oak-run version is recommended to benefit of bug fixes and improvements, but not every combination of source repo and oak-run is safe to use and the user needs a way to check the compatibility. Thus, the users need a tool that guides the decision of which version to use.
- Easy to decide what oak-run version should be used for a certain Oak version
- Up to date with the latest releases
- Machine readable for scripting
- Include details on the benefits of using a certain version (release notes)
- Blacklist of versions that should not be used (with alternatives)