We should introduce a new module here
- to minimise ripple effect on concurrent development work in other parts of Oak and upstream projects
- to be able to cleanly migrate existing repositories via a side grading
- to cleanly separate breaking changes from the existing code base
The plan is roughly to:
- Create new module (called oak-segment-next for now, will discuss names later)
- Apply patch prepared for
- Discuss and decide on final name and refactor accordingly
- Reactor affected tooling such that the targeted segment store can be specified via an option. Keep default at oak-segment.
- Once sufficiently stabilised, deprecate oak-segment. Make this one the default in switch the default target for tooling.
- Define and implement migration path
I will create respective issues as needed.